Sunday, October 5, 2008

DIY Making a Great Sounding Audio Interconnect for under $10

I've been making hi-end audio cables for more than five years now. My obsession with DIY (do it yourself) hi-end audio cables started when my 2-channel home audio system started exceeding the cost of a new sub-compact car and my budget.

When I finished selecting all my audio components and set up my listening room I turned my attention to the cabling. After months of borrowing and test-listening various interconnects (I/C's) I found a clear winner. The only problem was they cost more than $2,000 for a 1 meter pair. Yes......They sounded great and I know some of my fellow audiophiles out there are saying that my cable spend should be proportionate to the rest of the equipment but $2,000 is a lot of money for cables.

So my quest to build the ultimate hi-end audio interconnect began. Some of my earlier designs used commercially available in-wall speaker wire. These I/C's actually sounded great and beat most of the known brands found at the retail giants but lacked the little details found in the expensive cables. To see how to make one of these check out the video below. I'll post a video on how to make my pure silver $2,000 interconnect killer for less than $100 later.

Thanks for looking and email any questions you might have to mike@diymike.com or
visit www.diymike.com and www.cheapcarhelp.com


Parts Express:  New Sales Flyer!


No comments: